ICOMOS Ireland welcomes new members throughout the year.
Membership is open to any individual and institutional bodies engaged in cultural heritage activities or studies.
Joining ICOMOS entitles members to attend the monthly ICOMOS meeting / talks, join our National Scientific Committees and many other activities.
ICOMOS Ireland seeks to gather a membership that will include recognised experts in their field of specialisation; to recruit emerging professionals seeking such specialisation; and it aspires to give all members ample opportunities and stimulus to become actively engaged in the work of the National Committee.
There are four categories of membership in ICOMOS Ireland:
Individual Full Membership – € 80 (Under 30 – € 60)
Associate / Student Membership – € 25
Institutional Membership – upon request
‘Individual Membership’ is open to any individual actively engaged in the conservation of monuments, groups of buildings or sites, or with expertise in one or more cultural heritage areas related to the aims of the association
- As a member of the scientific, technical or administrative staff of a national, regional or local monuments, fine arts or antiquities service.
- As a decision-maker or as specialist engaged in the conservation, restoration, rehabilitation and enhancement of monuments, groups of buildings and sites.
- As an academic who has chosen a discipline in one of these areas of cultural heritage.
Become a Individual Member: Information Sheet
‘Associate or Student Membership’ is open to any individual engaged in cultural heritage activities or studies, who do not meet the requirements for full Individual Membership.
Become a Associate or Student Member: Information Sheet
Institutional Membership is open to any institution:
concerned with the conservation, protection, restoration, rehabilitation, enhancement or animation of historical monuments, groups of buildings and sites;
including those which own or are responsible for historical monuments, groups of buildings and sites; and those which devote all or part of their efforts to such activities.
Honorary Membership can be conferred by the Executive upon individuals who have rendered distinguished service in the field.
ICOMOS Ireland Membership Application Form, please click here.
Please return this completed form together with the following information:
- your CV detailing your professional qualifications and highlighting relevant experience
- A personal statement on your interest and relevant professional experience which has conservation of cultural heritage, ICOMOS charters, doctrinal texts and principals as a focus,
- A brief (50 – 100 words) statement from one of your nominators supporting your application (For full Individual Membership)
Applicants must tick the box to indicate willingness to comply with the ICOMOS Ethical Principles.
Please return your completed form and CV to the ICOMOS Ireland Membership Secretary at the contact details below;
Address: ICOMOS Ireland c/o R.I.A.I, 8 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS ONLINE FOR MEMBERS ONLY
Upon approval of your membership, the annual subscription is due on the 15th October each year:
Individual : € 80.00
Individual under 30: € 60.00
Associate / Student: